On 11/28/06, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip/>

We should:

1) SVN tag each RC.
2) Put it up on in ~foo/component-version-rc1/
3) Create files for the actual release - ie) don't put the rc1 in the
project.xml or any of the sites.
<snap/>

A side-effect of this is that the identity of the distro (whether it
came from an RC or a release) is no longer in the artifact itself, but
in the location where it is downloaded from.

Given the advantage (to put it mildly) that the voted artifacts now
become the released ones, that would probably have to do. I plan to do
this for digester 1.8.

-Rahul

4) Vote. If it passes then:
4.1) Copy files to release locations.
4.2) Copy the successful RC tag to the official tag.
4.3) Deploy site.

There is a problem with this - dates. If the date is in the release
then there are problems as you have to reroll the release to get the
date right. If it's just in the site then it's not a problem (ie:
changes.xml report) as the site isn't tied to the release vote - it
can go again 5 minutes later with the date applied.

If the site is put in the release in lieu of documentation - no idea
(serves you right! - okay, so I don't like that style of documenting).

Hen