On 12/19/06, Dennis Lundberg <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi all

Now that LOGGING-25 seems to be a non-issue for 1.1, are we ready to
start the release process?

I've looked through the list of unscheduled issues [1] and can't find
anything that need to go into a 1.1.1 release.

There are 3 JIRA issues fixed for JCL 1.1.1 [2].

Also the Maven pom issue have been ironed out. I will run this by the
Maven community before we release, and have them double check that it's
OK this time. It is the Maven 1 pom file "project.xml" that we need to
have check, right?

FWIW, the Maven2 "pom.xml" file looks fine.  I never was a Maven1 user, so
someone else will have to check that one.

How are we going to create the release?
1. Ant
2. Maven 1
3. Maven 2

Or some combination of them? My guess is to use Ant for the
source/binaries distros and Maven 1 for the site.

My understanding is that "Maven 1 for the site" is required to get the
current Commons L&F.  I don't have an opinion on which is the best to
actually make the binaries of the release.

How do we get the release into the Maven repository? By using the normal
Apache Maven 1 repo sync?

Yes, but that shouldn't happen until *after* a vote on the actual bits --
they need to be posted in some temporary place (but with the correct
1.1.1version number) for examination first.

Is there anything else that needs to be done, besides the normal release
cycle?

I think we're set.

Craig

[1]