On 1/28/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 1/28/07, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 1/23/07, Rahul Akolkar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > On 1/23/07, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > I have created a release candidate for DBCP 1.2.2.
> > >
> > <snip/>
> >
> > Looks good. IMO, it'd be better if the artifacts contain the final
> > version number when you call the vote.
> >
> > As nits, I'd also suggest:
> > * Including filename in md5s
> > * Building with JDK 1.3
>

> This presents a challenge, which I don't know exactly how to deal with.
> The  last release (1.2.1) was build with  maven using jdk 1.4.  The ant
> build works using 1.3, but does conditional compilation in that case to
> target jdbc 2.0 and also adds the jdbc 2 stdext dependency.  Could be
the
> best thing to do is to add a note in the README indicating how to build
> under 1.3.  Is that acceptable?

Sounds much the same as DbUtils 1.1. It was built under 1.4 and the
release manager was trusted to have checked that the 1.3 build works.
Just in case something odd crept in JDK wise.

I have both built and run tests on 1.3.  Just so we are clear, I assume that
since we can't practically build [dbcp] on 1.3, I assume it is OK to build
it using 1.5, rather than 1.4 as in the previous release.  I could cut the
release using 1.4, but don't see the value in that.  Can anyone else?
Thanks for the feedback.

Phil