On 2/11/07, Oliver Heger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Henri Yandell wrote:
<snip/>
>> > Unpacking the source, the ant and m1 builds work fine, but the m2
>> > build fails because it can't find:
>> >
>> > javax.sql:jdbc-stdext:jar:2.0
>> What is your environment, Hen? I cannot reproduce this problem. This is
>> one of those jars that always make trouble because it cannot be
>> distributed through the maven repositories. It should be needed only for
>> JDK 1.3.
>
> OS X. JVM 1.5 - the Maven build and Ant build were working in the same
> window and I don't have the stdext jars in the maven repository or my
> ANT_HOME/lib. So the problem isn't the classic 'we can't ship it', but
> that the m1 and ant builds are doing something different to the m2
> build.
>
> I run 'mvn clean package' in the trunk of configuration and it fails,
> while 'maven clean jar' passes.
>
> Hen

The problem seems to be that one of our dependencies (I guess it is
commons-dbcp) depends on this package. M2 tries to resolve these
transparent dependencies and thus fails. I will add a note about this to
our building page, this should be sufficient, shouldn't it?

I think two things need to happen:

1) The DBCP release needs to be changed to say it's provided (I think
that's the right solution there? or is it virtual?)

2) If Config has to be released before the next DBCP release (likely),
then it should exclude that dependency (you can put excludes inside
the dependency elements).

Hen