On 2/15/07, Stephen Colebourne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'd like to know how much of 2.x is deprecated.

Needs investigation - but I'd like to be bold on it.

So enum package would be removed and enums package would be deprecated
as it has a JDK replacement. We would then add functionality around
the JDK enums to provide some/all of the value back.

We may need 3.x to be JDK1.3 compatible but without the deprecations.

Presumably we would add the new deprecations at this point.

And thus 4.x () to be JDK1.5.

Anyway, for me, the project and version number should depend on compatibility.

We shouldn't release any new version, even of a major version number, that
isn't fully binary
compatible. The only thing we can do is remove deprecated methods. (Adding
generics can be
binary compatible)

Adding binary compatible generics is a pain in the arse though, right?

Hen