First, my apologies for the cryptic subject line.  I
am woefully ignorant of the relevant legal jargon.

Next, note that this email is NOT related to my
various twitchings regarding bringing the Morph
project to Apache.  Moving on...

I should qualify that I am a US citizen, so the
relevant IP laws would apply AFAIK.  Now let's say I
write a Java library at work, but it's something that
is (a) useful and (b) fairly unique, and I think it
would make a nice commons component.  Time passes, I
change jobs, and based--no bullshit--entirely on my
recollection of the functionality I had implemented
before, I re-implement something extremely similar in
the commons sandbox for eventual consideration for the
commons proper.  I've heard various things to the
effect that you can't be held responsible for what you
remember (unless you're Ben Affleck in Paycheck); can
anyone comment on experience with this type of
question wrt the ASF?  What does it take to prove that
I in no way referred to the original code beyond what
remained in my head?  The resulting code would
probably be similar though not identical to the
original, but the functionality would be nearly
identical unless I totally freaked out in some way.

fwiw, I've subscribed to [EMAIL PROTECTED] in case
having done so in the past would have made me a
better-informed citizen to begin with.  :|

-Matt