Hi,

I've had the same problem.  I *cannot* get 1.2 running on linux anymore.

I hate to say it.... but the only way I can get 1.2 going these days
is by installing it on Windows.  Installs really nicely, to tell the
truth.

yours,

Julius

Given this, and your view that little change is needed in the future
for JCL I don't see any reason to spend lots of effort on the build
system when the previous build style could be used (ie: Ant). I've
previously had pain trying to get a running java1.2 system and have
built under java1.3, but I could give 1.2 another try.

Hen

--
yours,

Julius Davies