Stephen Smith wrote:
I've managed to get Eclipse/Subclipse to play nicely and point at the relevant SVN branch - it looks to me as though the interfaces have been genericised, so the implementations and test cases need to be worked on.

That said, writing test cases for these changes may be tricky as issues with generics normally surface at compile-time... has anyone handled such a problem before in test cases?
3 answers below (depending on how I read the question):

Oh yes, all the time. What you do is have "compilation tests" in your test cases. That is, you write generic code that should work. You don't even have to run the test! :). [Or,] You write tests that flex the generic types. Have a test class hierarchy somewhere that can be used to ensure the supers and extends and all that stuff works correctly.

[Or,] Actually, I won't put the other answer down - it's far too confusing, and I don't think it will come up in this project. Suffice to say that sometimes objects only deal with types that are of their own type (or an extension), and need to be parameterised to work "right".

Cheers

Stephen