+1 to all said. I could even help.

-0 to waiting until we have a clear idea about the rest of Jakarta as
this is likely to never happen. Maybe a clearer idea will form after
commons leaves Jakarta.

Oliver

2007/4/3, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 4/2/07, Phil Steitz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > So with that said - I'd like to propose that we move to commons.apache.org.
> >

> +1
> We have talked about this lots of times before and some discussions
> have had us breaking commons itself apart into pieces.  My +1 is for
> the whole of commons as an Apache TLP.
>
> To answer some other questions that have come up before and will resurface:
>
> +1 for only Java components (flame away, this is just my HO)

Yep - though in reality this means:

"We'll do whatever the community wants to do. If someone proposes a
Ruby library and we have a community interested in creating and
supporting a Ruby library, then it would of course be strongly
considered. "

The argument here is going to be in what we put in our resolution. Do
we explicitly state Java, or do we leave things language agnostic and
rely on the fact that it is our community, and generally our community
is going to want to do Java and Java related things.

> +1 for bringing sandbox along

And dormant.

> +1 for welcoming small components from other Jakarta subprojects

> +0 for waiting to do this until we have a clear idea of where the rest
> of the Jakarta subprojects are going.

Once we go TLP, I imagine a few would head in our direction, whereas
until we go TLP there won't  be much of a decision made either way. I
know I plan to suggest that the RDC taglib moves to Commons so it can
be with SCXML (they're fairly tied aren't they?), and then the other
parts of Taglibs can be put gently to sleep (unsure on JSTL).

Hen