My bad sorry, I'll fix this.

This might be the opportunity to discuss the JRE requirement for the next releases. What version do we use (1.4 or 5) and when ? I believe it's too early to go directly to Java 5, on the server side JEE 5 is not widely adopted yet (BEA just released WebLogic 10), and on the client side there are still a lot of OS X users that haven't upgraded to Tiger (10.4).

I would suggest moving to Java 1.4 for a release in the near future (configuration 1.5 or 1.6) and then jump to Java 5 for the next major release (2.0) involving a deep refactoring of the component.

Even with a version requiring Java 5, I think we should still support the latest pre Java 5 version by fixing the major bugs reported. Thus we will not force people to upgrade, there will still be a great version compatible with Java 1.3/1.4 around, and people with Java 5 will enjoy an even better version.

Emmanuel Bourg

Oliver Heger a écrit :
The latest commit [1] introduced a dependency to JDK 1.4: The initCause() method of Exception is not available in JDK 1.3. (I found this because I use to compile with JDK 1.3 by default and got two compile errors.)

Oliver

[1]
r527436 | ebourg | 2007-04-11 11:57:29 +0200 (Mi, 11 Apr 2007) | 1 line

Implemented the GNUStep extension for plist files to specify date bjects (CONFIGURATION-261)