On 18.05.2007, at 13:57, Niall Pemberton wrote:

I wasn't part of the decision at the time, but (at least some if not
all) these classes are in the BeanUtils public API so changing the
package would have (and still will) broken binary compatibility (to
remove the dependency on Collections 'coz of its incompatibility
between versions!) - they were copied and (AFAIK) the parts of the
public API deprecated with the intention of removing them in the next
release - but there hasn't been one since that was done and 1.7.0
released.

I am not pointing fingers. But whatever it takes - having those classes in there like this is not acceptable and needs to be fixed ASAP.

cheers
--
Torsten