Hi Phil,

Phil Steitz wrote on Sunday, May 20, 2007 5:53 PM:

> On 5/20/07, Jörg Schaible <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

>> Right. Therefore we need to nail down the plugin versions. And yes,
>> the settings from the pluginManagement in the parent is inherited.
>
> Should have been more clear in my question.  If you partially
> configure a plugin in the parent,  can you then just add stuff, such
> as the version, in a child without repeating the things specified in
> the parent config?  If the answer to that is "no" then there is no
> value in partially configuring plugins in the parent.

Configuration is merged from pluginDependency and plugins defined directly in
the build section. Unfortunately it is not merged for plugins in the report
section (which prevents setting source version for javadoc plugin in the
configurtation of the parent anhd set individual links to external javadocs in
the projcets).

- Jörg