Update on this:

After talking to the gump guys, the solution was to check in wiser and
subethasmtp into email's svn and have gump reference those prebuilt jars as
dependencies. This way is a good compromise between commons-email's needs
and gump's. If for some reason subethasmtp and wiser become dependencies of
another project, I'll do all the effort to get them checked out and building
every night; in the meantime, this will work fine.

Sorry for upsetting the apple cart in the first place :)

--Ben