On 6/27/07, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 6/28/07, Henri Yandell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 6/27/07, Niall Pemberton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > You mean all apache committers?  I agree that we should continue the
> > > tradition of granting commons karma to any committer who asks for it.
> > > I don't know much about how this works in svn or what the risk /
> > > downside of auto-granting commons karma to new committers would be,
> > > but I agree with the principle that any ASF committer should be
> > > welcome here.
> > >
> > > There are also a lot of current commons committers missing from the
> > > list above.  My preference would be to have them remain commons
> > > committers if that is not too hard to do. In any case, any current
> > > commons committer who wants karma should get it.
> >
> > I agree - please lets not remove commit privledge from anyone who
> > currently has it in Commons.
>
> Presuming no one recognizes the social genius of my first proposal,
> then I recommend that we make the list of committers be anyone who has
> committed in the last 2 years.

Why have you gone from proposing to add any remaining ASF Commiters
that don't currently have access to now removing access from anyone
who hasn't committed in the last two years? This seems a bit random in
principle to me to take one position to open things up one minute and
then another to make it more restrictive the next.

Just looking for something simple.

I also dislike arbitrary limits - you choose 2 years - maybe someone
else will prefer 1 year and so on. I still think anyone that currently
has access should keep it and not loose their commit access to
Commons.

Pondered that one. We could keep the commons commit list as the
jakarta group. Seemed a bit odd though.

Hen