Wade Chandler wrote:
Sure, but not from a configuration perspective. For
instance, if daemon used configuration for a
configuration file it could be easier to use. Provide
multiple configuration files with your distribution
which allows users to more easily install and
uninstall services and operate on them without
remembering command line switches etc. launcher could
even use configuration (which is smaller than ANT) yet
also allow ANT and not have as many runtime
requirements. Then of course other applications can
just use a single configuration entry point and use
configuration information and reference environment
variables without having to hard code them into their
sources...makes it configurable.

Wade

--- Mark Fortner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Isn't this already handled by System.getenv?

System.getenv() has long been deprecated and is now available again since 1.5. [configuration] still has 1.3 as minimum required JDK; I don't know when we switch to 1.5 (there will probably be another version that requires 1.4).

My problem with this issue is that it will probably take a high effort to implement it correctly for earlier JDKs, while we get it for free in 1.5. This seem counter-productive.

Oliver

On 7/23/07, Wade Chandler