Let me clarify .. Rampart2 shows a potentially major issue in WSS4J/Rampart
- which is that it does policy validation *after* doing security processing,
giving a nice way to do a DoS attack.

I guess the issue with Rampart2 is its by design a layer of Axiom with its
own XML Security impl ... which is what gives it its performance (avoiding
the conversion to DOM for C14N and XMLSec processing in WSS4J). I'm not sure
how its possible to achieve good performance without avoiding XML Infoset
representation model conversion. That's why Rampart2 work included C14N, XML
Security and WS-Security stuff. It has ways to go in terms of finishing all
the stuff of course, but the approach has proven to deliver good results.

Sanjiva.