Right, we should go back to the HttpClient to get another HttpConnection. Perhaps the entire redirect mechanism should be pushed up to the HttpClient class. I never liked the idea of a user holding onto a HttpState, HttpMethod and HttpConnection and calling the execute() method itself. This use is what forces the HttpMethodBase to be so large.

I don't see this as being a huge job. At some point it has to be done. The question is, wether it is 2.0 or 2.1 content.

Ortwin Glück wrote:

Alan Marcinkowski wrote:

I found HttpMethodBase:checkValidRedirect was not honoring cross server redirects. Isn't this a common type of redirect? Is there a reason its not supported? [...] unless its an architectural issue [...]

Alan,

unfortunately that is an architectural issue currently. Each HttpClient is bound to a specific host and a method can not change this since a method has no knowledge about its calling HttpClient instance (if any). Moreover the code responsible for handling the response is contained inside the methods. But most of it should be moved to the HttpClient actually in the future. Sorry for this limitation.

Odi