From: Jeffrey Dever [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, 7 February 2003 2:33 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: [patch] for Bug 16864

I created some tests for this issue and checked them in.

Attached is a patch to fix the issue and make the tests pass, but it needs to be reviewed. I changed slightly the semantics of one very important method: HttpConnection.readLine(). It now requires the a "\r\n" be present as a pair to terminate the line (that was the root cause of bug 16846). If the end of stream is read before a \n\r is found, the data read up untill that point will be returned, whereas before this was discarded. I also tried to minimize the number of checks in the while loop to try and speed it up a bit.

Please review the attached patch.

Jandalf.