Hi Mike
This is exactly what I wanted to achieve. Here's the rationale

I believe that ideally only HttConnection should "know" how to read
bytes from and write to the underlying socket streams, how to convert
byte arrays to String and visa versa using HttpConstants, and how to
properly log incoming and outgoing data using WIRE_LOG.

The separation of header parsing logic into a helper class is a welcome
thing but it somehow has broken the above-stated concept. I attempted to
reconcile things by making HeaderParser use array of strings rather than
reading from a stream directly

I am perfectly aware that the patch which was intended to solve a very
specific problem with Multipart classes in fact evolved into a
monstrosity affecting every single important class in the HttClient

I am gong to commit Multipart related stuff as they represent only
incremental changes that nobody seems to object to, and resubmit wire
logging patch in a conciser, more comprehensible form

Cheers

Oleg