From: Oleg Kalnichevski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 20 February 2003 2:08 AM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: What about optional components?

Adrian (and all)

I agree that with you about keeping HttpClient JVM independent and
reasonably generic. Clearly proxy detection should be kept outside
HttpClient package IMHO.

But you know what? Maybe HttpClient have matured well enough so that we
have reached the point where we should start (thinking about) collecting
contributions or optional packages (pretty much in the same manner Ant
is structured into core & optional packages) that are not officially an
integral part of HttpClient, nevertheless useful enough to be made
available to the public? Would it be worthwhile having a greater ecology
around HttpClient? Any thoughts?

Cheers