Simon,

On Thursday March 20 2003 17:27, Simon Roberts wrote:
> Are you calling HttpMethod.releaseConnection once you've finished with
> each HttpMethod?  If you don't do that, HttpClient will hold the
> connections until a garbage-collect reaps the connections.

Yes, but as I read it, this only returns it to the connectionPool, leaving the
connection physically still open. The actual system connection does not seem
be freed until the next gc, presumably (and I seem to recall that being
unreliable in Java in the past, although that might be ancient history).
Unless I'm just missing it.

> That doesn't sound like the same problem. Which version are you running?
> There
> have been some recent changes with the way timeouts are dealt with.

This is ALPHA3. I will try the latest CVS version and see if it behaves the
same way.

> Cheers, Simon

Thanks!

Carl