De: Padraig O'hIceadha [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Enviado el: martes, 01 de abril de 2003 14:39
Para: Commons HttpClient Project
Asunto: Re: Problem encountered posting large files

Hi Oleg,

    There ia also an additional case I have seen. WebLogic is often
deployed on a seperate server to the web server. In this case a web
server plugin is used to forward any requests which must be handled by
the app server.

    For example for iPlanet there is an NCSAPI plugin which reads the
request and then resends it to the app server. If you send a large
request which does not have a Content-Length set then the NCSAPI plugin
can perform very poorly as it doesn't seem to do a good job of detecting
if the client has finished sending before it starts sending the data on
to the app server.

    I suppose the wire log should show exactly what HttpClient is
sending to the server.

    Regards,

       Padraig

Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:

>Hi Padraig
>
>I am glad you have gotten a handle on this problem. I suppose older
versions of WebLogic HTTP server have issues with chunk-encoding content.
This is exactly the case when 'Content-Length' header MUST NOT be sent to
the server according to the HTTP/1.1 spec. Under all other circumstances
HttpClient either relies on an explicitly specified content length value or
calculates it automatically by buffering the request body.