Mike,
Any objections to removing the most notoriously awful stuff like
Url*Method, disk buffering in GetMethod, as a first step?

Do you have any idea if '3.0 alpha1', '3.0 beta2', and '3.0 final'
milestone targets could be added to the Bugzilla?. I would like to go
through the open bug reports and mark those that will not be fixed in
2.1

Oleg