Any objections to removing the most notoriously awful stuff like
Url*Method, disk buffering in GetMethod, as a first step?

I think we can remove all of the deprecated code for 2.1 if we want. We should probably post a notice to the mailing list with the specifics before proceeding though. There may be some projects using deprecated code and will be broken in the next GUMP build if not fixed.

Do you have any idea if '3.0 alpha1', '3.0 beta2', and '3.0 final'
milestone targets could be added to the Bugzilla?. I would like to go
through the open bug reports and mark those that will not be fixed in
2.1

Good idea. I believe we need to send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] to request Bugzilla additions. Please feel free to make the request.

Mike