Martin Schnyder wrote:
When I use the GetMethod class to send text with special characters (German
Umlaute "äöü") in the request parameters, the special characters are not
encoded correctly. This happens when I use method
HttpMethodBase.setQueryString(NameValuePair[] params)
to set the query parameters.

If you use a POST instead of a GET, then the parameters are sent in the request body for which the Content-Type header applies. Maybe then the specified encoding should be used? But I am not sure either. I have seen this problem sometimes when sumitting form data via a web browser to websites as well. So it seems a really bad lack of definition.