As I see, in the HttpClient project, URI or HttpURL class doesn't apear as an object.
That means actually it's enough to ust use URIUtil class about all URI components, I
guess

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> ------- Additional Comments From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  2003-07-18 22:44 -------
> Which just goes to show how confusing this is - Laura just said to assume they
> were already escaped, and Mike just said they should act as they currently do -
> not escaped.

External interfaces deals with both escaped and unescaped components.
Internally, in the class, they are all treated as escaped one always...
It doesn't care to be used with which external interface through itself.

> For the same reason that String.getBytes() is dangerous, my vote would be to
> force the caller to explicitly indicate which they want.  They would *expect* a
> constructor that takes one String, so they won't look up which one it is until
> it bites them with an unexpected result.  I'd say lets make it easier for our
> users by forcing them to indicate which it is.

String.getBytes is dangerous?  But I bet it's certainly the solution for charset
encoding thingy.
You should't overkook it...

Sung-Gu