There are a few options here:

a. Check out the slide sources and build against HttpClient beta 2 instead of HEAD (all the compile errors that I can see are due to the changes on the HEAD branch and won't be in the 2.0 release).

b. Update Slide to compile with HttpClient CVS HEAD - Note that slide will then no longer compile with older HttpClient versions. I can do up a patch if the slide developers want to do it this way.

c. Release HttpClient 2.0 (planned very soon) and Slide x.x (???) then take option b.

d. Something else?

I'll open a bug report on this in a moment, Daniel I'd suggest you add yourself to the CC list.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton.