From: Michael Becke [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 5:45 AM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Performance Issue

Just sending a quick note before I go to bed.  I did some testing with
the example code and am now quite confident that HTCM is doing what it
should.  I have not had time to add any DEBUG code but hopefully I will
get to it tomorrow.

Todd, one thing I noticed is that you are setting maxConnectionsPerHost
to the number of threads you are creating.  This pretty much defeats
the purpose of using the MTCM and there is no need to share
connections.  There are enough connections for each thread to just own
one.  This is not really related to the problem with isStale() but I
thought I would mention it.

Oleg, have you done any timings with Todd's example code?  I have found
that disabling isStale() is this case seems to have little effect on
execution time.  I was not able to test against 2.0 alpha3 and am
wondering if it would make any difference.

Mike