Todd
That's correct. I have been using Tomcat 4.1.24 for my tests. Just for the heck of it,
do you mind trying to run your test against Tomcat 4.1.x servlet container?

From: Todd Wolff [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, July 29, 2003 6:36 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Performance Issue

Sure, the code is yours to do with as you wish.  Related to the performance
issue, I am still seeing a degradation by a factor of roughly 2.5. - and
yes, logging is set to error level :-)

The problem may be isolated to httpclient's interaction with the Jetty
container.  Oleg, I recall you saying that you were using the Tomcat
distribution.  My results using 10 threads:

JBoss-3.0.4(Jetty)
alpha3    50 messages in .036 minutes
beta2     50 messages in .084

JBoss - 3.2.1(Jetty)