Hi Leo,

Here are a few additions to Arian's comments.

I cannot find a robust style in which I could drop a connection (GET over HTTP/1.0 and HTTP/1.1) when the incoming data stream exceeds the upper limit. I do it by closing the input stream, which is constructed by getResponseAsStream, followed by releaseConnection. Is it OK?

This works. It would also be okay to just release the connection.

This won't actually drop the connection but it will consume the rest of the stream. To force a connection close you will have to handle your own connection management (not recommended) so that you will have access to the HttpConnection object.

And my last point - when I run the robot under stress conditions, some connections seem to be frozen, although I use setConnectionTimeout. Is it a known issue? How should I debug it so that you can get a valuable log? It happens after 1-2 hours of run, so the log could have a few gigas...

There are two reasons that I can think of for a connection to get frozen. One of them is connection timeout and the other is SO_TIMEOUT. SO_TIMEOUT can be set via HttpClient.setTimeout(). This is the timeout when reading from a connection.

I hope this helps.

Mike