Hi all,

I'd like to reuse open connections in successive calls to the
same instance of HttpClient with everytime newly created
instances of HttpMethod (of course to the same server).

>From my tests I could see, that successive GETs use the same
connection. A following PUT uses the same connection too.
However, successive PUTs always open a new connection, as the
old one is supposed to be stale. I debugged through the method
isStale() but don't really understand the logic and especially
the behaviour (with InterruptedIOException) behind it.

Should HttpClient be able to reuse connections in successive
PUTs? What should I do to persuade HttpClient to do so?

Thanks in advance,
Andreas