Thank you Eric for your reply.

On 26 Aug 2003 at 15:28, Eric Johnson wrote:

> Andreas,
>
> If I had to guess, what you're seeing is either a simple timing
> issue, in that some servers simply close a connection after a
> certain amount of idle time, or that the server to which you're
> connecting closes a connection after processing a PUT request. In
> the latter case, ideally the server would be sending back a
> "Connection: close" header to let HttpClient know that this is
> what it is doing. You might turn on the wire logging to see if
> this is the case.

Hm, the server doesn't send the Connection: close at this time.
But I've seen the server sending this header in another case,
ie. when a connection was used with 6 GETs.
I set the timeout to 10 seconds and doing the requests in a
loop, so I don't think it's a timeout either.

But I'll try another server...

Thanks.

Andreas