Thanks for that information, some project have separate test suite projects,
so I wondered. If it could be replace that'd be great 'cos I'd like to see
tests succeed on Gump (on latest stack below) not only on developers
machines. It is Gump where things are failing for me.

Also, usage of VFS on top of HttpClient seems broken right now, at least in
my environment/usage & on Gump, and the primary crash I found was in
HttpClient code. I can't be sure it isn't VFS (or even Ruper on top of VFS)
but the stack here seems to point to HttpClient (see below).

There seems to be no "test" here:
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-08-20/commons-httpclient.html
The target "test:" here seems blank:
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-08-20/commons-vfs.html

As such Ruper and above crash. Now, I ought put my unit (I guess
integration) tests into Ruper (I have some started,
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2003-08-20/krysalis-ruper-ant-test.html,
need 24 hours to get further) but I'd appreciate help from below. If at all
possible nightly gump runs of unit tests (specifically VFS on top of
HttpClient) would be greatly appreciated.

> > Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NullPointerException
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.processRedire
> > ctResponse(Htt
> > pMethodDirect
> > or.java:454)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.isRetryNeeded
> > (HttpMethodDir
> > ector.java:63
> > 9)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod
> > (HttpMethodDir
> > ector.java:14
> > 5)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpCli
> > ent.java:378)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpCli
> > ent.java:268)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.http.HttpFileObject.doGetType(
> > HttpFileObject
> > .java:114)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.attach(Abst
> > ractFileObject
> > .java:919)
> >         at
> > org.apache.commons.vfs.provider.AbstractFileObject.exists(Abst
> > ractFileObject
> > .java:372)
> >         at org.krysalis.ruper.util.VfsUtils.main(VfsUtils.java:413)

regards

Adam