Mike wrote:

    > Yes, it looks like you are using HttpClient from HEAD.  2.0 code has
    > been moved into a branch and we've started 2.1 in HEAD.  All unit
tests
    > are passing but HEAD contains essentially alpha code.  If you are
    > looking for something stable I suggest 2.0.  Mostly likely there is a
    > bug in HEAD.  Please submit a bug in Bugzilla when you get a chance.

I can understand the reasoning to use HEAD for latest stuff, and I
appreciate it being alpha code & the benefits of starting some brave/risky
new work for a new release. What I am wondering however is the choice of
impact on gump until you are more stable . I don't have access to a VFS
committer, and I am sure there are a bunch of httpclient dependencies that
haven't had chance to chose their basis, you've made the choice for them by
having the main common-httpclient be 2.1.

Would it be possible for you to make the commons-httpclient project in gump
be 2.0, and start a commons-httpclient-21 project for those brave enough to
gump against it during alpha phase? When 2.1 is stable you could switch the
main project to 2.1.

I know Gump wants to integrate the latest/greatest, but when that isn't
stable that isn't practical. What if folks (say VFS) tried to change their
code to mend breaks on gump, and then you changed things again, that is a
lot of busy work.

I am not sure if there is a Gump Guideline for doing things the way I am
request, but I've seen others do it.

Thanks in advance for any consideration you can give this.

regards

Adam