From: Roland Weber [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2003 12:00 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: JDK 1.1.8 problems

Maybe maintain a patch for the required source modifications?

Roland

Michael Becke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
23.09.2003 23:39
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

        To:     Commons HttpClient Project
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
> It took me just a few hours, but I have to say I know quite a bit about
> HttpClient's internals.

Well, I hope so:)

> This year release is going to be the last one with JRE 1.1 support as
> far as my application is concerned. I doubt I would actively maintain
> the port myself. Unless someone else steps in, the port would be pretty
> much unmaintainable.

It's such a shame for it to be dead on arrival.  It would be nice if we
could keep it tied to HttpClient directly somehow.  Other than replacing
all java.util names with the collection.jar package names what must be
done?  Would it be possible to just include some directions, an Ant
script, and a few custom classes in contrib?

Mike

For additional commands, e-mail: