From: Laurent Garcia [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 07, 2003 10:07
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: IBMJSSE implementation issue

Oleg,

Thank you for your additional research, if I enable the log  I have :

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - Java version: 1.3.1

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - Java vendor: IBM
Corporation

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - Java class path:
C:\Laurent\wsad\workspace\Laurent
Test;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\commons-httpclient-2.0-rc1.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\work
space\Toolbox;C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\eclipse\plugins\org.apache.xerces_4.0.7\xercesImpl.jar;C:\Program
Files\IBM\WebSphere Studio\runtimes\aes_v4_jars\lib\xerces.jar;C:\Program
Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre\lib\ext\activation.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\
jakarta-regexp-1.2.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\jce1_2_2.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\
junit.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\local_policy.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\sunjce_pr
ovider.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\US_export_policy.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\jdbc
2_0-stdext.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\struts.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\commons-co
dec-1.1.jar;C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere
Studio\runtimes\base_v5\java\jre\lib\ext\mail.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\log4j-
1.2.8.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\commons-logging.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\jcert.
jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\jnet.jar;C:\Laurent\wsad\lib\jsse.jar;C:\Laurent\wsa
d\lib\commons-httpclient.jar

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - Operating system name:
Windows 2000

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - Operating system
architecture: x86

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - Operating system version:
5.0

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - SUN 1.2: SUN (DSA
key/parameter generation; DSA signing; SHA-1, MD5 digests; SecureRandom;
X.509 certificates; JKS keystore)

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - IBMJCE 1.2: IBMJCE Provider
implements the following: HMAC-SHA1, MD2, MD5, MARS, SHA, MD2withRSA,
MD5withRSA, SHA1withRSA, RSA, SHA1withDSA, RC2, RC4, Seal)implements the
following:

Signature algorithms : SHA1withDSA, SHA1withRSA, MD5withRSA, MD2withRSA

Cipher algorithms : Blowfish, AES, DES, TripleDES, PBEWithMD2AndDES,

PBEWithMD2AndTripleDES, PBEWithMD2AndRC2,

PBEWithMD5AndDES, PBEWithMD5AndTripleDES,

PBEWithMD5AndRC2, PBEWithSHA1AndDES

PBEWithSHA1AndTripleDES, PBEWithSHA1AndRC2

PBEWithSHAAnd40BitRC2, PBEWithSHAAnd128BitRC2

PBEWithSHAAnd40BitRC4, PBEWithSHAAnd128BitRC4

PBEWithSHAAnd2KeyTripleDES, PBEWithSHAAnd3KeyTripleDES

Mars, RC2, RC4,

RSA, Seal

Message authentication code (MAC) : HmacSHA1, HmacMD2, HmacMD5

Key agreement algorithm : DiffieHellman

Key (pair) generator : Blowfish, DiffieHellman, DSA, AES, DES, TripleDES,
HmacMD5,

HmacSHA1, Mars, RC2, RC4, RSA, Seal

Message digest : MD2, MD5, SHA-1

Algorithm parameter generator : DiffieHellman, DSA

Algorithm parameter : Blowfish, DiffieHellman, AES, DES, TripleDES, DSA,
Mars,

PBEwithMD5AndDES, RC2

Key factory : DiffieHellman, DSA, RSA

Secret key factory : Blowfish, AES, DES, TripleDES, Mars, RC2, RC4, Seal

PKCS5Key, PBKDF1 and PBKDF2(PKCS5Derived Key).

Certificate : X.509

Secure random : IBMSecureRandom

Key store : JCEKS, PKCS12KS (PKCS12), JKS

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - IBMJSSE 1.4: IBM JSSE
provider

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - IBMCertPath 1.0:
IBMCertPath Provider implements the following:

CertificateFactory : X.509

CertPathValidator : PKIX

CertStore : Collection, LDAP

CertPathBuilder : PKIX

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - IBMPKCS11 1.2: IBMPKCS11
Provider implements the following: MD2withRSA, MD5withRSA, SHA1withRSA, RSA,
SHA1withDSA)implements the following:

Signature algorithms : SHA1withDSA, SHA1withRSA, MD5withRSA, MD2withRSA

Key (pair) generator : DSA, RSA

Algorithm parameter generator : DSA

Algorithm parameter : DSA

Certificate : X.509

Secure random : IBMSecureRandom

Key store : PKCS11 (PKCS11KS)

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.methods.GetMethod - enter
GetMethod(String)

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - enter
HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpMethod)

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient - enter
HttpClient.executeMethod(HostConfiguration,HttpMethod,HttpState)

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection -
HttpConnection.setSoTimeout(0)

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection - enter
HttpConnection.open()

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection - enter
HttpConnection.closeSockedAndStreams()

DEBUG org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection - enter
HttpConnection.releaseConnection()

java.net.SocketException: Socket closed

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketGetOption(Native Method)

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.getOption(PlainSocketImpl.java:214)

at java.net.Socket.getSendBufferSize(Socket.java:548)

at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.open(HttpConnection.java:700)

at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:625)

at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:500)

at com.in.laurent.HttpClientTest.main(HttpClientTest.java:62)

Exception in thread "main"

So the IBM implementation is IBMJSSE 1.4 and I will try to investigate with
IBM to solve this issue

Laurent