Hi everyone! I'd like to ask some question about http pool in commons-httpclient. As i read, MultiTrheadedHttpConnectionManager is the manger responsible for handling the connection in a multi-thread enviroment. I want to use this to create a private HttpClient property in a servlet class, so each servlet thread can use a different socket to communicate with a remote http server. Now i monitored my enviroment to check the connection status and i found that, when i don't use the servlet, some connection from servlet to remote hosts remain up in CLOSE_WAIT state. I want to ask you if this beahaviour is correct, because doing so the manager uses machine resources even when there are no active requestes for connection for a long time. My enviroment is: OS: linux redhat 8.2 with kernel 2.4.18 JVM: 1.3.1_07-b02 Tomcat 3.3.1 Commons-HttpClient 2.0rc1
Thanx for your help Regards Andrea Fabris Sytel Reply - Italy -- Email.it, the professional e-mail, gratis per te: http://www.email.it/f Sponsor: Conto Arancio. Zero spese, stessa banca, pi� interessi. Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=657&d=8-10 --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
