I tried to fix the problem on the last source i got from the repository
(9-10-2003), but from my test setting the SO_LINGER timeout doesn't achieve
any result.

I send the patch i made because i don't know if i applyied it right or not
(i mean i don't know if i set the SO_LINGER in the right place)

Class: HttpConnection
method: void open()
line 681: + socket.setSoLinger(true, 0);

The line was added at the end of the open() method

Regards
Andrea Fabris
Sytel Reply

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:52:58 +0100 Kalnichevski, [KO] wrote:

 KO> Odi,
 KO> If there's enough confidence that setting linger time to 0 will not
 KO> have an unexpected adverse effect, the fix can be included into 2.0. I
 KO> do not know TCP/IP that well to make that call, though.
 KO>
 KO> Oleg

Sponsor:
Comunica con il mondo in sicurezza e rapidità ordina subito la tua casella da 15, 50 o
100 MB di spazio.
Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1044&d=10-10