Mike, this is certainly a possibility. What tortures me is
realization that with this kind of setup HttpConnection (and possibly
HttpConnectionManager) should not have been HttpParams-enabled after
all. My initial plan was to enable the user to enumerate
HttpConnections contained by the multithreaded connection manager. I
guess the plan was ill-conceived

We may be coming at this from the wrong angle, but I also think having the connection configuration is a good thing. My gut reaction at the moment is that we're trying to do too much with the connection managers.

I was thinking about some additional methods on the
HttpConnectionManager interface, something like
HttpConnectionManager#getParamsFor(HostConfiguration).

This is a possibility, though for the simple connection manager it seems like overkill.

Mike