Eric,
I just installed Tomcat 4.1.29 on my home PC running Redhat 9 and Sun
JDK 1.4.2. I can't reproduce the problem. All tests pass. The only thing
I did differently was tweaking tomcat's server.xml (attached below) to
disable stuff that I do not need. I's unlikely that it should have any
bearing on the problem, but who knows.

Oleg

On Tue, 2003-11-04 at 20:53, Eric Johnson wrote:
> Oleg,
>
> I hate bugs like this!  I suppose if it is working for you, there's hope
> it can work for me.
>
> I'm working against a completely stock 4.1.29 install on Linux, using
> Sun's JDK 1.4.2.  When I say "stock" 4.1.29 build, I expanded the file
> after download, dropped httpclienttest folder into webapps, then started
> up Tomcat with a "./catalina.sh run".  Then I ran the tests as reported.
>
> -Eric.
>
> Kalnichevski, Oleg wrote:
>
> >Eric,
> >Strangely enough, I installed Tomcat 4.1.29 yesterday and had no failing test cases
> >of whatsoever. I reran the test cases with the latest code from CVS HEAD and 2.0
> >branch against Tomcat 4.1.29 after having read your message. Again, no failing test
> >cases.
> >
> >Did you keep your old server.xml file?
> >
> >Oleg

  <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

               enableLookups="true" redirectPort="8443"
               acceptCount="10" debug="0" connectionTimeout="60000"/>
    <!-- Note : To disable connection timeouts, set connectionTimeout value
     to -1 -->

    <!--
               acceptCount="10" debug="0"/>
    -->

    <Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost" debug="0">

      <!--
      <Valve className="org.apache.catalina.valves.RequestDumperValve"/>
      -->

      <!-- Global logger unless overridden at lower levels -->
              prefix="catalina_log." suffix=".txt"
              timestamp="true"/>

      <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps"
       unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

                 directory="logs"  prefix="localhost_log." suffix=".txt"
	        timestamp="true"/>

      </Host>

    </Engine>

  </Service>