> "Can we assume that reusing the HTTP connection is unreliable/should be
> avoided if there are more bytes *INSTANTLY* available than specified with
> Content-Length"
>
> "Instantly" means without waiting/blocking, so at least for this situation, a
> simple workaround would be feasible.

Christian,
Fair enough. Feel free to extend your patch to include the check to force-close those
connections that report input data available beyond 'content-length' value/terminal
chunk.

> I think that the currently used SocketInputStream's available() method _does_
> return values > 0.
>
> The only additional thing to change is HttpConnection.WrappedInputStream, as
> it currently lacks an available() method call to the underlying stream.

This one is a bug, because it effectively rendered HttpConnection#isResponseAvailable
meaningless. I'll provide a fix for it tonight. Thanks for tracking this one down