On Dec 7, 2003, at 11:41 PM, Jesus M. Salvo Jr. wrote:
OK .... I dont know how the entire HttpClient works .. but ...
doesn't the fact that the socket is in CLOSE_WAIT state ( because the HTTP server sent a TCP FIN ) means that the HttpClient cannot use the socket anymore ?

Yes, this most likely means that the connection is no longer usable.

So I guess what I am asking is, does HttpClient "detect" that the socket to be reused cannot be reused anymore and then closes it and creates a new one ?

Yes, it detects closed connections and forces them to be reopened. The method for doing this is a little kludgy, since Socket.isClosed() wasn't added until JRE 1.4.

Mike