I would love to. Funny, I was just thinking the same thing. We have two options that I can see:

- Create a full fledged rc 3 release. After a week or so, if there are no major bugs, we could retag it as 2.0 final.
- Create a unofficial release and publish it from one of our personal apache accounts. This one could then be tested thoroughly and released as 2.0 final after everyone is happy that it works.

My preference is for the second method, mostly because it avoids going through the whole offical release process twice. Perhaps I am just being lasy, but I think if we are comfortable that authentication and proxying are working correctly then 2.0 is ready. We always have the option of a 2.0.1 if anything major is missed.

What does everyone think?

Mike

Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:

Folks,
Any chance of getting 2.0rc3 out of the door before XMas? What do you
think?