Ok, looked at the web page about turning on wire
logs and it asked me to add these lines to my
java program:

System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.Log",
"org.apache.commons.logging.impl.SimpleLog");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.showdatetime",
"true");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.httpclient.wire",
"debug");
System.setProperty("org.apache.commons.logging.simplelog.log.org.apache.commons.httpclient",
"debug");

But I guess since I'm not root I got the
following exception:

java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.util.PropertyPermission
org.apache.commons.logging.Log write)
        at
java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:272)

Can I add these properties somewhere else?  Or
where does the sysadmin have to add them?

Thanks -