David,
Read timeout is in milliseconds, not in seconds. Try setting the timeout value to
something more reasonable.

From: David Webb [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 17:10
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: Re: Connection Reset Error

When I set the line that you specified, the following error occurs...

I added.
client.getHttpConnectionManager().getParams().setSoTimeout(3600);

Now I get.  Any suggestions?

Jan 26, 2004 11:22:27 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: Recoverable exception caught when processing request
Jan 26, 2004 11:22:31 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: Recoverable exception caught when processing request
Jan 26, 2004 11:22:34 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: Recoverable exception caught when processing request
Jan 26, 2004 11:22:38 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
INFO: Recoverable exception caught when processing request
Jan 26, 2004 11:22:38 AM org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector
executeWithRetry
WARNING: Recoverable exception caught but MethodRetryHandler.retryMethod()
returned false, rethrowing exception
Exception thrown:
org.apache.commons.httpclient.IOTimeoutException: Read timed out
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$WrappedInputStream.handleException
(HttpConnection.java:1369)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$WrappedInputStream.read
(HttpConnection.java:1379)
        at java.io.FilterInputStream.read(FilterInputStream.java:66)
        at java.io.PushbackInputStream.read(PushbackInputStream.java:120)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readRawLine
(HttpParser.java:109)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpParser.readLine
(HttpParser.java:135)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.readLine
(HttpConnection.java:1037)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readStatusLine
(HttpMethodBase.java:1842)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.readResponse
(HttpMethodBase.java:1611)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute
(HttpMethodBase.java:997)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeWithRetry
(HttpMethodDirector.java:316)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodDirector.executeMethod
(HttpMethodDirector.java:172)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod
(HttpClient.java:468)
        at org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod
(HttpClient.java:355)
        at com.bac.amg.acs.HTTPBatch.execute(HTTPBatch.java:158)
        at com.bac.amg.acs.HTTPBatch.main(HTTPBatch.java:76)

Thanks.

--
Sincerely,
David Webb