Oops. Thanks for the pointer.

-Eric.

Roland Weber wrote:

Hi Eric,

from RFC 2616 (HTTP 1.1), section 10.1:

A client MUST be prepared to accept one or more
1xx status responses prior to a regular response,
even if the client does not expect a 100 (Continue)
status message.

Our HTTP Client handles this correctly.

cheers,
 Roland

Eric Johnson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
27.01.2004 19:30
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

To: Commons HttpClient Project <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc: Subject: Re: Connection Reset Error

I'm pretty sure a 100 response can only be sent once according to the spec. If that approach did happen to work, it would be sheer chance.

-Eric.

Roland Weber wrote:

I wonder wheter a status 100 response can be used for this purpose.
HttpClient would simply ignore it and wait for the next response.

regards,
Roland

Ortwin Glück <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
27.01.2004 08:10
Please respond to "Commons HttpClient Project"

To: Commons HttpClient Project <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc: Subject: Re: Connection Reset Error

Why not let the servlet send some "heartbeats". i.e. every minute send back some string that informs about the progress or just a simple "I am still alive".

Odi