Mokwena

Your question is off topic here. I suppose you are confusing Apache Http Server with Jakarta Commons HttpClient. Please see the httpd Website http://httpd.apache.org/ for support for your problem.

Also, I don't understand why you blindly reference and quote a message which is completely unrelated to your question. This is causes more confusion than it helps.

Your problem: you may want to have a look at the httpd.conf DirectoryIndex directive.

HTH

Ortwin Glück

Mokwena Motseto wrote:
I have loaded apache on a windows machine, and i am used to working with IIS
i went through documentation but i cannot see where i can set a default fome
page and directories

Mokwena Motseto

 software engineer                 [email] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 hardturmstrasse 171               [pgp key]          0x81CF3416