I'm talking linux 1p and 2p systems running 2.4 kernels. I'll give 2.6 systems a try!

Which JVM? I usualliy bench against Sun's; ( JRockit benched worse last I tried it (it was a year ago or more))

Thanks!

-Eric

Ortwin Glück wrote:

Eric Bloch wrote:

My believe (and experience) is that you'll run into java thread scheduling delays (cpu bottlenecks) before you should hit connection limits on most servers, as long as you set these values reasonably high.

-Eric

Not necessarily. On a SMP System using a 2.6 Kernel this should be no problem. 2.6 can handle systems with large thread counts nicely. Huge difference to 2.4 kernels!