Hi ,

Please  Help.

I am using HttpClient and i am able to successfully send http request and
receive response.
But when i try to send "https" request for the same link i get the following
error(I am able to successfully send https request and response through the
browser.  ).

 javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.b(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.j(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.a(DashoA6275)
        at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppOutputStream.write(DashoA6275)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection$WrappedOutputStream.write(HttpC
onnection.java:1347)
        at
java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flushBuffer(BufferedOutputStream.java:69)
        at java.io.BufferedOutputStream.flush(BufferedOutputStream.java:127)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpConnection.flushRequestOutputStream(HttpCo
nnection.java:782)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.writeRequest(HttpMethodBase.jav
a:2173)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.processRequest(HttpMethodBase.j
ava:2528)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpMethodBase.execute(HttpMethodBase.java:106
5)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:638)
        at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient.executeMethod(HttpClient.java:500)
        at
com.travelocity.component.net.http.SimpleHttpConnectionManager.execute(Simpl
eHttpConnectionManager.java:68)

I have tried the steps mentioned in SSL guide:
<http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html>
with no luck.Can this happen if the certificate is not trusted .

My jdk version is 1.4 and

Please suggest steps to debug and bring it running.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Raj