From: Kalnichevski, Oleg [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, April 19, 2004 8:21 PM
To: Commons HttpClient Project
Subject: RE: HttpClient for Https gives Unrecognized SSL message..

Raj,

Please note that HttpClient simply makes use of JSSE and does not attempt to
provide any sort of transport security by itself. As far as HttpClient is
concerned SSL is just a transport layer which is supposed to be completely
transparent to HttpClient. I'll do my best to help you out, but please note
this problem is VERY, VERY unlikely to be caused by HttpClient in the first
place. First and foremost you need to ensure that JSSE is properly
configured and is capable of communication with the target server.

Did you try the SSL test described in the troubleshooting section of the SSL
guide <http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/httpclient/sslguide.html>? If not,
please do so and let us know the result.